The dreaded moment when your BFF asks if you would be her Maid of Honor because she found her #HappilyEverAfter and you are both giddy until you realize that now you have to come up with a meaningful speech to give during the reception! Don't worry we have pulled the best speeches thanks to Hollywood! Thank us later :)
1. Love is the sum of our choices, the strength of our commitments, the ties that bind us together.
― Emily Giffin, Love the One You're With
2. Be brave. Be authentic. Practice saying the word ‘love’ to the people you love so when it matters most to say it, you will.
― Cheryl Strayed, Tiny Beautiful Things
3. I guess you can be yourself, whatever that means — the best and worst of you. And they love you anyway. You can fight, but even when you're mad at them, you know they're not going to stop being your friend.
― Jennifer Niven, All the Bright Places
4. "You know... The person you can call at two a.m. and, no matter what, you can count on them. Even if they're asleep or it's cold or you need to be bailed out of jail... they'll come for you. It's like, the highest level of friendship.”
― Sarah Dessen, What Happened to Goodbye
5. I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that at very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together.
― Lisa Kleypas, Blue-Eyed Devil
6. I got you to look after me, and you got me to look after you, and that's why.
― John Steinbeck, Of Mice and Men
7. When you feel someone else's pain and joy as powerfully as if it were your own, then you know you really loved them.
― Ann Brashares, Girls In Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood
8. Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
— J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Albus Dumbledore)
9. There is no happiness like that of being loved by your fellow creatures, and feeling that your presence is an addition to their comfort.