Okay so I am really excited about this recipe. Camille Styles has this FANTASTIC recipe for a Carrot-cocktail. I know, it sounds a little funky but think about it. A healthy cocktail. WHAT?!
This is kind of too good to be real.
- 1 1/2 oz. coconut Rum
- 1/2 oz. silver rum
- 1 oz. fresh squeezed carrot juice (or Odwalla Carrot Juice)
- 1/2 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 oz. simple syrup (I used agave syrup)
- 2 coins of Peeled ginger (about the size of a nickel)
- Muddle ginger in the bottom of a cocktail shaker mixing glass.
- Add remaining ingredients and shake hard with ice.
- Double strain ( to remove ginger) into a high ball glass over fresh ice and garnish with carrot greens, lime zest, or carrot ribbons.
And if you want a non-alcoholic version, try this:
Replace the rum with 1 1/2 oz. lemonade and 1/2 oz. Coco Lopez coconut milk. Top off with 3/4 oz. soda water.
I still can't get over this healthy cocktail thing... Does this mean I can skip my workout today? ;)
I hope y'all enjoy!